About the job
GalaGala is creating entertainment that empowers on the blockchain. Across our family of brands including Games, Music, Film and VOX, we’re empowering creators and fans to build the future of entertainment.Powered by talent from around the globe, our fully remote organization believes in making bold moves to create products that have never been seen before in the marketplace. Gala was founded by Eric Schiermeyer (gaming legend and co-founder of Zynga), and Michael McCarthy (the Creative Director behind viral gaming hits such as Farmville 2). Since then, Gala has grown to be a leader in Web3 entertainment.Under the Gala brand, we have a growing roster of reputable partners across Gaming and Entertainment including DreamWorks, AMC and NBCU. Plus, legendary game developers Peter Molyneux and Will Wright, as well as music greats like Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Kings of Leon and BT.Our values are based on openness and ownership and the ability to deliver games, experiences, and opportunities to people worldwide. We are breaking down barriers to bring our communities joy, entertainment, and real-world value.At Gala, we work remotely with flexibility; we have a great time with our colleagues and love getting things done. While working here, you’ll imagine and create new and exciting things for the world to enjoy. Your talents and efforts will improve our audiences’ lives in the real world.And this is just the beginning…The RoleAs a UX Designer at Gala you’ll be working at the core of the product team, leading the design process and collaborating with multidisciplinary teams in a fast paced environment. You’ll be designing and launching products at the forefront of Web3 and Blockchain development, in a constantly evolving industry that will need you to think on your feet and be flexible with your approach.The ideal candidate has experience working in multidisciplinary teams, agile and fast-paced environments. Native App IOS and Android experience is a must together with a strong understanding of game design patterns and best practices.Responsibilities
- Deliver large and ambitious design projects with minimum supervision
- Work flexibly across products, taking broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something tangible and valuable for our users
- Design experiences that are incredibly simple and evolve overtime in line with the product strategy and development objectives
- Partner with product managers, engineers, strategists and other fellow designers to define the user experience of a product from conception until launch
- Give and solicit feedback from the broader product team in order to continually raise our bar for quality, while also taking on mentorship
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Designing complex end-to-end experiences with the ability to define the product foundation and architecture based on the understanding of user’s needs, using appropriate prototyping tools to demonstrate how a specific user flow or interaction will work.
- Running qualitative and quantitative research cycles with the ability to gather, analyse and synthesize large amount of user insights to then translate them into design requirements and/or iterations.
- Working with design systems with a good understanding of componentization, responsive design best practices, accessibility, as well as typography, colour patterns and iconography and how these elements impact product function.
- Strategic product thinking with the ability to develop product goals, identify opportunities, and make decisions based on the impact to people and the company
- Showcasing work to a broader product team and other leaders, clearly articulating the goals and concepts while articulating the end-to-end design process across multiple projects.
- Working in multidisciplinary teams, agile and fast-paced environments
- Native App IOS and Android experience
- Game design
- Figma proficiency
Gala is an equal opportunity employer and adopts a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination.We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all current and prospective employees regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.We aspire to have a diverse workforce because, in our view, diversity enables better business outcomes. We also believe that a more inclusive workplace, where people of different backgrounds work together, ensures better outcomes for all staff. From application to interview, we place inclusion at the heart of all we do.Employee Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Working Hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully Remote and Location Independence
- US Based Employees 100% covered for employees (Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program and several
NEXT STEPSIf you have the experience, passion and drive to join our team then please submit a resume by clicking the apply button below!Gala does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies. Gala will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Benefits found in job post
- Vision insurance