About the job
Gala is creating entertainment that empowers on the blockchain. Across our family of brands including Games, Music, Film and VOX, we’re empowering creators and fans to build the future of entertainment.
Powered by talent from around the globe, our fully remote organization believes in making bold moves to create products that have never been seen before in the marketplace. Gala was founded by Eric Schiermeyer (gaming legend and co-founder of Zynga), and Michael McCarthy (the Creative Director behind viral gaming hits such as Farmville 2). Since then, Gala has grown to be a leader in Web3 entertainment.
Under the Gala brand, we have a growing roster of reputable partners across Gaming and Entertainment including DreamWorks, AMC and NBCU. Plus, legendary game developers Peter Molyneux and Will Wright, as well as music greats like Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Kings of Leon and BT.
Our values are based on openness and ownership and the ability to deliver games, experiences, and opportunities to people worldwide. We are breaking down barriers to bring our communities joy, entertainment, and real-world value.
At Gala, we work remotely with flexibility; we have a great time with our colleagues and love getting things done. While working here, you’ll imagine and create new and exciting things for the world to enjoy. Your talents and efforts will improve our audiences’ lives in the real world.
And this is just the beginning…
As a Music Business Development Manager, you will play a crucial role in expanding our network, securing strategic partnerships, and driving the growth and adoption of our Web3 music ecosystem. The ideal candidate is passionate about the intersection of music and technology, possesses a deep understanding of the music industry landscape, and is well-versed in the emerging Web3 space. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying, negotiating, and establishing partnerships with key music industry stakeholders, such as record labels, artists, managers, streaming platforms, and other music-related organizations. Your primary goal will be to drive the adoption of our Web3 music platform, create new revenue streams, and foster innovative music experiences.
- Identify and engage with potential partners in the music industry, including record labels, artists, managers, streaming platforms, and other music-related organizations.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key industry stakeholders, understanding their needs, and identifying mutually beneficial opportunities for collaboration.
- Negotiate partnership agreements and licensing deals to ensure the integration of our Web3 music platform with existing music ecosystems.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and regulatory developments impacting the music industry and Web3 space.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive the development and enhancement of our Web3 music platform based on market and partner feedback.
- Monitor and analyze market trends, competitive landscape, and industry dynamics to identify strategic business opportunities.
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategies to drive adoption of our Web3 music platform among artists, fans, and industry participants.
- Represent the company at industry events, conferences, and trade shows to build brand awareness and expand the network of potential partners.
- Provide strategic input and insights to guide the long-term vision and product roadmap of our Web3 music platform.
- Collaborate with marketing and communications teams to develop compelling content and messaging for partner engagements and promotional activities.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in music business development, partnerships, or related roles within the music industry. Web3 or blockchain experience is highly desirable.
- Deep understanding of the music industry, including its major players, trends, challenges, and opportunities.
- Familiarity with Web3 technologies, blockchain, NFTs, and decentralized platforms.
- Proven track record of successfully negotiating and closing partnerships and licensing deals in the music industry.
- Strong network of contacts within the music industry, including artists, managers, labels, and streaming platforms.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking abilities, with the capacity to identify market opportunities and develop innovative business strategies.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented, with the ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Passion for music and the transformative potential of Web3 technologies in the entertainment industry.
Gala is an equal opportunity employer and adopts a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all current and prospective employees regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse workforce because, in our view, diversity enables better business outcomes. We also believe that a more inclusive workplace, where people of different backgrounds work together, ensures better outcomes for all staff. From application to interview, we place inclusion at the heart of all we do.
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Working Hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully Remote and Location Independence
- US Based Employees 100% covered for employees (Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program and several
If you have the experience, passion and drive to join our team then please submit a resume by clicking the apply button below!
Gala does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies. Gala will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Benefits found in job post
- Vision insurance