About the job
W.C. Bradley Company, the home of Char-Broil, TIKI® Brand Products, Badlands Gear Co. and W.C. Bradley Real Estate, is looking for a Director of Taxation to join our corporate finance team. In this role, you will be responsible for the oversight and coordination of all aspects of U.S. Federal, State, and international tax strategies, planning, controversy, and compliance. You will function as the primary resource for a diversified holding company, its subsidiaries and affiliated partnerships, and shareholders regarding tax matters including the impact of legislative changes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- This role will report directly to the CFO and partner with executive leadership in the corporate office, subsidiaries and affiliated partnerships regarding all matters related to tax
- Manage services provided by external advisors to include the preparation of the US federal, state, and local income tax returns, international tax filings, 1099 and 1042 filings, foreign bank account regulations and statutes filings; manage payments of income tax liabilities
- Identify, recruit, engage and manage in-house and external investment tax accounting resources
- Maintain, and educate as appropriate, an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of current federal, state, and local tax regulations to ensure the company is compliant in nexus jurisdictions and current with all required tax filings
- Responsible for SALT compliance process along with setup and configuration of ERP and ongoing filing requirements
- Provide guidance to the business for complex transactions, including equity, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, restructurings, and joint ventures
- Manage tax audits by interacting with regulatory authorities, preparing/reviewing responses and analyses; communicate audit results to executive leadership and audit committee; respond promptly to resolve tax issues and notices
- Prepare ad hoc analyses, manage special tax projects including coordination with external advisors/consultants as needed
- Administer transfer pricing reviews to ensure documentation is sufficient to comply with local regulations
- Perform tax research on wide range of topics including US federal, state as well as international tax and new business developments; raise awareness and viability of available opportunities including accounting methods and tax credits
- Partner with the company’s legal team in managing the company’s annual registrations and renewals in various jurisdictions for the company and its subsidiaries and affiliates
- Liaise with IT on all technical matters and manage tax data requirements relating to tax applications
- Promote ethics and compliance; build and sustain an environment where adherence to and reinforcement of the highest standards of integrity and ethics are the norm. Identify opportunities and take action to enhance compliance within own team. Ensure executive leaders receive the communication and instruction needed to act in accordance with policies and procedures. Promote reputation and social responsibility; seek out and maintain external relationships and alliances, strengthening the organization’s impact on and reputation in the community. Serve as a credible spokesperson, representative, and sponsor of the company to the public and the community
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Tax and Accounting.
Minimum Work Experience: 15+ years of progressive experience with a public accounting or law firm that deals with multinational corporations; taxation of S Corporations and individuals
License(s) / Certification(s): CPA required; Master of Taxation preferred
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills required along with excellent verbal and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate to all levels confidently and effectively within the company including the shareholders and their advisors
- Excellent Personal Computer (PC) skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with SAP/S4 a plus
- Time management skills and the ability to work effectively under time constraints and meet required deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and project management skills, including the ability to effectively manage multiple projects of various diverse scope in a cross-functional environment.
Represents the appropriate physical requirements of the job in the course of the work.
For employment within the United States, the W.C. Bradley Co. uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired team members. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service at www.uscis.gov/e-verify .
The W.C. Bradley Co. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, or veteran status. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination where we do business.
Federal law requires the W.C. Bradley Co. to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. If you are interested in applying for employment with the W.C. Bradley Co. and require special assistance or accommodation to complete any part of the application and pre-employment process, please contact our Human Resources Office at 706.571.6080 or visit us at 1017 Front Avenue, Columbus, GA 31902.