Monitoring and following up the growth of children is an important matter, as there are indicators and signs that parents and the doctor must monitor, such as; The percentage of the child’s weight, as if it is less than 5 percentile on the growth chart, the child is diagnosed with thinness, and the lack of changing the size of clothes every year, as well as the prominent ribs, may be an indication of thinness.
Important Foods For the Treatment of Thinness
These foods must be included in the child’s diet in order for him to gain weight and useful calories rich in vitamins and minerals important to the body:
Protein-rich foods must be included for the proper growth and development of the child, and to increase muscle growth in the body, and from protein-rich sources; Fish, legumes, and eggs.
Oatmeal is a suitable option for weight gain, as it is rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber that help increase the weight and growth of the child, and it can also be added to milk, nuts, and fruits.
As it is high in calcium, which is important in the health of the body and bones, and to increase the calories in the meal, biscuits with milk can be added.
Nuts and Seeds
As it is a healthy fat for the body and can be added to healthy dishes such as salads, or consumed as a snack, you can also eat nut butter, as 2 tablespoons of peanut butter contain 190 calories and 16 grams of fat.
Pure fish oils
Where fish oil is rich in omega-3 acids that are important in the development of the child, but you should pay attention to the recommended amounts of these oils according to the recommendations of the US Food and Drug Administration, and this may be due to pollutants such as mercury.
Which is healthy and rich in nutrients and healthy fats, as one avocado contains 322 calories and 30 grams of fat, and it is easy to eat for children, so many avocado recipes can be prepared to gain weight.
Yogurt is one of the easy-to-consume foods, and it may enhance the health of the digestive system. It is also possible to add fruits with milk to increase the calories in the meal.
Chickpeas contain high calories, and it is a source of healthy fats, and it can be consumed easily, and it can also be eaten by dipping biscuits in it.
Tips for treating thinness in children
Thinness causes children to have a weak body structure and some health problems, so you should consult a specialist doctor and find solutions for children to gain weight:
- Encourage the child to eat foods in a healthy way and convince him of the importance of healthy foods.
- Stay away from foods that contain empty calories, that is, that are high in calories and may increase the child’s body weight, but it is an unhealthy increase, as it is devoid of vitamins and important elements to strengthen the child’s body structure and healthy and healthy growth.
- Monitoring the content of the child’s meals is one of the important nutrients for his healthy and proper growth, as the meal must contain good sources of protein, such as: eggs, peanut butter, cheese, milk, and beans, and it must also be rich in carbohydrates and whole grains, such as; Potatoes, wheat bread, pasta, and fortified breakfast cereals.
- Adding healthy nuts to your child’s salads and meals.
- Adding calories to meals, such as; Mix fruits with juices.
- Have the child participate in preparing their favorite healthy meals, shopping, and preparing food to encourage them to eat.