Does the Fenugreek contribute to weight gain?
Fenugreek has been widely used to gain weight, but studies have differed greatly on the effect of fenugreek on appetite. Some studies mention that fenugreek enhances the desire to eat and gain weight, by slowing the digestion of carbohydrates, stimulating insulin secretion, and lowering blood sugar, which may It stimulates appetite, but other studies mention that eating fenugreek may reduce appetite and fat consumption, because it contains fibers that may enhance the feeling of satiety.
It is worth noting that there is no food alone that increases weight, but it must be combined with a healthy diet rich in calories, as the main factor for gaining weight is eating more calories than the calories that the body burns, and it is recommended to increase approximately 300 to 500 calories per day. Calories needed by the body to gain weight gradually.
Fenugreek milk drink recipe for weight gain
Fenugreek powder is used as a home spice, and fenugreek seeds are used in many different dishes, depending on its sweet taste and high nutritional value, as it is rich in many nutrients such as proteins, carbohydrates, and vitamins, and it also has many health benefits, An explanation of the amounts of milk drink with fenugreek powder, and its calories comes:
Ingredients for milk and fenugreek drink recipe
Here are the ingredients for the milk and fenugreek drink recipe:
- A cup of whole milk, or the equivalent of 240 milliliters, the milk can be heated or prepared cold as desired.
- 1 tablespoon of fenugreek powder.
Milk and fenugreek drink recipe calories
Here are the approximate calories for the milk and fenugreek drink recipe, which may vary according to the ingredients used and the measuring tools:
One cup of milk drink with fenugreek powder contains 181.9 calories, It is possible to add a large spoonful of honey to the drink to enhance its taste and calories, which provides an additional 63.8 calories for this drink.
Fenugreek side effects
Fenugreek should not be consumed excessively because of the health problems it may cause, especially for pregnant women, children, and those who are allergic to soybeans, peanuts, and green peas. Some side effects may appear when eating fenugreek, including the following:
- The smell of fenugreek in urine and sweat.
- Nasal congestion.
- facial swelling
General tips for gaining weight
Here are some tips that may contribute to weight gain in a healthy way:
- Increasing the number of meals during the day: because this results in an increase in the amount of food eaten at the end of the day.
- Focus on drinks rich in calories: such as cocktails, natural juices prepared from fruits and milk, and fresh vegetables, as these drinks provide the body with calories and nutrients that are not found in other drinks, such as soft drinks, for example.
- Reducing fast food intake: because these meals are rich in calories, but they lack nutrients, and are high in sugars and harmful salts. A person can gain weight in a healthy and safe way by focusing on eating healthy food, such as protein, vegetables, fruits, and dairy products. Dairy, legumes, and others.
- Choosing appropriate healthy foods: that is, healthy foods are not equal in their calorie content, so it is recommended to choose calorie-dense fruits such as mangoes, avocados, and starchy vegetables, such as potatoes, corn, and fatty fish, such as salmon, in order to obtain more calories in a healthy way.
- Adding sauces to the authorities: You should not ignore eating vegetables such as salads because they are low in calories, but rather they should be eaten and sauces added to them such as olive oil, avocado, cheese, and nuts, which may increase their calories, and to obtain their benefits at the same time.
- Drinking at the right time: Drinking water and juices immediately before meals may reduce appetite, so it is recommended to space between drinks and meal times.
- Exercise to build muscle: Some exercises, such as push-ups and weightlifting, may help build muscle.
- Eat healthy fats: such as avocado, salmon, olive oil, and canola oil.
- Add nuts and dried fruits to the diet.
- Preparing soups, and enhancing them with milk, milk, and cheese, which add nutritional value and calories.