It is worth noting that there is no specific type of food that helps burn fat or lose weight on its own, but rather it must be part of a healthy diet, in addition to regular physical activity in order to have a clear effect on fat burning and weight loss.
Does Green Tea Turn calories?
Green tea has been associated with many health benefits, including weight loss due to its nutritional components, and its antioxidant content, as green tea contains caffeine, and one of the antioxidants is catechin, and these compounds may help increase metabolism rates in the body. body, and catechins help analyze excess fat in the body.
How Many Calories does Green Tea Burn
Studies indicate that green tea extract may increase calorie burning by 3-4%, for example if a person burns 2000 calories per day, then 3-4% is equivalent to 60-80 additional calories.
Studies on the Effect of Green Tea on Weight
One study showed that consumption of the caffeine and catechins found in green tea supplements had a small effect on weight loss and weight maintenance.
Another study conducted on a group of men found that consuming green tea extract before exercise may increase the rate of fat burning by 17%.
Degree of safety of green tea and precautions for its consumption
Green tea safety
The degree of safety of green tea varies according to the following categories:
- Adults: Green tea is generally considered safe for healthy adults when consumed in moderate amounts, i.e., no more than 8 cups per day.
- Children: Green tea consumption in moderate amounts from dietary sources is likely safe for children.
- Pregnant women: Green tea may not be safe for pregnant women to consume in large quantities. Because it may increase the risk of miscarriage, so you should consult a specialist doctor before taking it.
- Breastfeeding: It is likely safe to consume green tea in moderate quantities, i.e. not exceeding 6 cups per day.
Contraindications for the use of green tea
You should take caution and talk to your doctor before using green tea in the following health conditions:
- Hypertensive patients.
- Osteoporosis patients.
- Irritable bowel syndrome.
- People with diarrhea.
- People with anxiety disorders.
drug interactions; Green tea may interact with some medications and affect their effect, such as: antibiotics, contraceptives, asthma medications, depression medications, anticoagulants, and others.
Weight Loss Tips
To lose weight in a healthy way and for a longer period, weight loss should be from 0.5-1 kilograms per week, by burning 500-1000 calories per day, by eating less and increasing physical activity.
There are some tips for losing weight, including:
- Eat regular meals: Eating at regular times during the day helps burn calories at a faster rate.
- Eat foods rich in fiber: fiber helps to feel full, which leads to weight loss, and fiber can be obtained from fruits and vegetables rich in fiber and whole grains; Like oats and whole wheat.
- Exercise: Exercise can help burn calories that cannot be burned through diet alone.
- Reading food labels: It helps in making healthy choices.
- Be careful to drink water: because sometimes people may confuse thirst with hunger, and thus it is possible to consume additional calories.