Do Herbs Help Lose Weight?
It is common that herbs and herbal products of all kinds help to lose weight, but it must be known that the main way to lose weight is to follow a healthy diet and exercise, and that these herbs are not a magical way to lose weight, but may have some elements that may help On that in conjunction with the right diet, and physical activity.
Herbs That Help Lose Weight
Here are some herbs that may stimulate weight loss in conjunction with a healthy diet:
A small study indicated that consuming 8 grams of fenugreek fiber may help reduce appetite.
Another small study also indicated that consuming fenugreek extract may contribute to reducing the amount of total fat intake, and thus reducing calories consumed during the day.
A study conducted on 10 women indicated that consuming ginseng extract for a period of 8 weeks may reduce weight.
A study conducted on mice suffering from weight gain due to eating a diet rich in fat indicated that consuming ginseng extract may reduce the formation of fat in the body by delaying its absorption in the intestine.
Turmeric contains many health benefits for the body, due to the fact that it contains curcumin, which has been shown to help lose weight in some studies, including the following:
- A study conducted on 44 overweight people indicated that consuming curcumin for a month could contribute to weight loss, reduce the amount of fat in the body, and reduce waist circumference.
- Another study in rats indicated that curcumin supplementation reduced lipogenesis and reduced weight gain after these rats, which were overweight due to eating a high-fat diet, suggested that curcumin dietary sources such as turmeric could have a role in Reducing obesity.
Cinnamon contains many elements that may contribute to weight loss. such as antioxidants, fiber, and some minerals; such as iron and calcium, which are all necessary for weight loss.
Cinnamon helps regulate blood sugar levels, thus reducing the risk of insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, and obesity.
Ginger: A review of 14 studies indicated that taking ginger supplements may help with weight loss and belly fat loss.
Green tea: Green tea contains some substances that have weight loss properties. Such as caffeine and catechins (in English: catechin), and it has been observed that green tea contributes to an increase in fat oxidation rates, and improvement in metabolic rates.
Cumin: A study conducted on 88 overweight females indicated that consuming 3 grams of cumin powder with milk for a period of 3 months is associated with a reduction in weight, waist circumference, fat mass, and body mass index compared to eating milk alone without cumin.
General tips for losing weight
Here are some general tips that help lose weight:
- drink enough water; High-calorie drinks can also be replaced with it.
- Adding sufficient amounts of protein sources during meals; Such as eggs, cheese, milk, yogurt, and meat of all kinds, as they enhance the feeling of satiety.
- Eat breakfast, and don’t skip it.
- adding sufficient amounts of fiber sources during meals; such as vegetables, fruits, and whole grains; Oatmeal, nuts, and others.
- Do not buy high-calorie foods, and if they are available, it is preferable not to place them directly in front of the person. such as potato chips, sweets, and others, and it is not required to be deprived of them, but rather they must be eaten in small quantities, and not daily.
- getting enough sleep; As it helps to lose weight due to its role in controlling hunger and satiety hormones.
- Obtaining nutritional education regarding the nutritional portions of different foods.
- get support from friends and relatives; As this step has a significant impact on achieving weight loss goals.
- setting reasonable weight loss goals; Weight loss needs enough time, just like the time the weight was gained, and any weight loss, even if it was small, will make a difference and improve health.