Are there slimming drinks?
There is no specific drink that helps to lose weight, which depends on changing the dietary habits related to the consumption of different foods and drinks, in addition to the level of physical activity, as the appropriate amount of foods with a high nutritional density rich in nutrients must be consumed with increased physical activity and exercise to lose weight.
Drinks that help lose weight
As we mentioned earlier, there is no specific type of food or drink that helps in losing weight, but the following drinks may help in losing weight when consumed with a healthy diet and exercise:
Many studies have indicated a positive relationship between increased water consumption and weight loss, as it may contribute to the following:
Reducing appetite: A study published in the European Journal of Nutrition in 2016 indicated that drinking 568 milliliters of water by non-obese young people before consuming a meal reduces the amount eaten and calories consumed, which may contribute to weight control.
Contribute to fat burning: Increased water consumption can be associated with an increase in lipolysis. It is the process in which the body burns fat in order to obtain energy to perform its functions, according to a review published in the Frontiers in Nutrition magazine in 2016. Another theory, according to animal studies, indicated that water expands cell volume, which may contribute to fat metabolism, but there is still More studies are needed to prove this among humans.
Helping to perform exercise: which is one of the most important things in the weight loss plan, as drinking water before, during and after exercise contributes to reducing the risk of dehydration, improving the movement of muscles, connective tissues, and joints, and also helps to improve the performance of the lung, heart, and others. From the organs of the body, and increase activity during exercise, while reducing muscle tension and fatigue.
Drinking a cup of brewed herbal tea daily is not associated with a rapid loss of body weight, but some studies have indicated that drinking tea while following a diet and exercising may contribute to a small amount of body weight loss, and it should be noted that drinking a cup of tea with Lemon in the morning instead of a cup of mocha latte reduces approximately 300 calories from the total calories consumed.
Also, drinking one of the types of tea rich in flavonoids, which is called catechin, may improve metabolism, especially the metabolism of fats with faster breakdown, and the caffeine content in many types of tea increases energy use, thus improving calorie burning, and it should be noted that these two compounds are One of the most important compounds that may contribute to weight loss when consumed together.
It is worth noting that most types of tea belong to the same leaves, which are Camellia sinensis, but they are subjected to processing in different ways during manufacturing, which leads to a slight difference between them, Here comes the mention of different types of tea and their relationship to weight loss:
- Green tea: Consuming green tea for a period of 12 weeks is associated with a weight loss of 0.2-3.5 kilograms of body weight compared to not drinking it. However, it should be noted that most studies indicated that this loss is not noticeable if you drink a cup of green tea. As the amount used in studies is due to green tea extract, which contains a high amount of caffeine and catechin, an amount not available in a traditional cup of green tea, according to a study published in the Canadian Pharmacists Journal in 2014.
- Red tea: The effect of polyphenols in red tea exceeds those available in green tea, as it reduces obesity by inhibiting the digestion, absorption, and consumption of fats and polysaccharides, which leads to a reduction in the amount of calories consumed, in addition to improving the metabolism process, and reducing Oxidative stress, according to a review published in the journal Molecules in 2016.
- Chinese tea: Drinking 8 grams of oolong tea per day by obese people for a period of 6 weeks helps them lose 70% of their body weight by an amount of up to one kilogram. It has also been noted that this tea reduces the level of fat and body weight by improving fat metabolism, according to a study. It was published in the Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine in 2009, but more studies are still needed on its effect.
- White tea: It was observed that white tea extract, which contains polyphenols and methylxanthines, inhibits the fat formation process, and also improves the fat decomposition process, and therefore it can be used to reduce the stages of fat cell formation, according to a laboratory study published in Nutrition & Metabolism in 2009. The laboratory study also mentioned that white tea extract may increase fat loss, but there are no human studies confirming this, and therefore there is still a need for more studies on this.
- Ginger: A preliminary study published in the journal Metabolism in 2012 indicated that drinking ginger prepared by adding two grams of it to hot water after breakfast improves the heat generation process, and reduces the feeling of hunger, which may contribute to weight control compared to not drinking it, but it must It should be noted that the sample is very small in this study, and therefore more studies are still needed to confirm this.
- Turmeric: It is worth noting that studies have been conducted on the active substance in turmeric, which is curcumin, and not on turmeric drink. It has been noted that consuming curcumin with phosphatidylserine and piperine, which is available in black pepper, may improve the absorption of curcumin. It reduces body fat and waist circumference, improves hip circumference, and reduces body mass index, and thus helps control weight in overweight patients.
- Moringa: It is worth noting that most of the studies on Moringa were in vitro or on experimental animals. This study was conducted on Moringa leaf extract and not on Moringa drink. It was also conducted on experimental mice and it was mentioned that the ethanolic extract of Moringa has an effect that reduces obesity and reduces it. This preliminary study was published in the International Journal of Basic & Clinical Pharmacology in 2016.