The Sirtfood Diet is one of the weight loss systems that became famous recently due to its adoption by many celebrities. It mainly depends on reducing the calories eaten, and focusing on eating some types of foods rich in a group of proteins called Sirtuin. They are seven proteins that regulate some functions in the body, such as metabolism and inflammation, and it is believed that they may have an effect on weight loss, and in what comes some foods rich in Sirtuin proteins, which are known as Sirtfood foods (in English: Sirtfood):
- enough is enough.
- red dandelion.
- black wheat.
- Matcha green tea.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Medjool dates.
- Dark chocolate.
- the strawberry.
The Relationship of the Sirtfood diet to weight loss
Although there are no studies conducted specifically about the relationship of the sirtfood diet to weight loss, weight loss in general depends on reducing the daily calorie intake. In fact, the sirtfood diet depends on reducing calories as well. Therefore, it may be effective in losing weight due to the low number of calories eaten in it and not because it contains foods rich in Sirtuin proteins, as weight loss does not depend on eating a specific type of food or drink.
It is worth noting that one of the short-term studies showed that eating foods rich in Sirtuin proteins may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases and maintain health, but there is still a need to conduct more long-term studies to confirm these benefits, in addition to determining the relationship of this diet with weight loss. weight.
How to Apply the Sirtfood diet
The sirtfood diet depends on reducing the daily calories in addition to focusing on eating sirtfood foods as mentioned previously, and it is recommended to drink green juice consisting of kale, watercress, parsley, celery, ginger, apples, lemon, and green tea when following this diet. Sirtfood into two stages:
- The first stage: which lasts for a week, and this week is divided into two parts:
- The first section: It is in the first three days, in which the person eats one meal rich in sirtfood foods per day, and contains approximately 1000 calories, in addition to drinking green juice 3 times a day.
- The second section: It is from the fourth day until the seventh day, in which the person eats two meals rich in sirtfood foods per day, and they contain a total of 1500 calories, in addition to drinking green juice twice a day.
- The second stage: which lasts for two weeks, during which it is allowed to eat three meals rich in sirtfood foods per day, in addition to drinking green juice once a day.
- After the end of these three weeks, it can be returned until the desired weight is reached, and in the event that the desired weight is reached, it is advised to adhere to a simple calorie reduction in addition to continuing to eat sirtfood foods.
Sirtfood diet benefits
Sirtfood is considered one of the healthy foods that a healthy and balanced diet encourages to eat. For example, a salmon dish with broccoli is a healthy dinner. Berries or dark chocolate can be eaten as a dessert. It also encourages eating plant foods and vegetables, which helps to improve health and reduce the risk of infection. Cardiovascular diseases.
Sirtfood diet damage
There is no research or scientific studies on the degree of safety of applying the steroid diet, but in general the harm lies in this diet being one of the very low-calorie diets, as it recommends not to exceed 1000 calories in the first three days of it, which is an insufficient amount for most adults. In all cases, it is advised not to reduce the daily caloric intake from 1200 calories for women, and 1500 calories for men, due to the presence of some damage due to the lack of calories that may lead to some health problems such as fatigue, hunger, mental confusion, and lack of nutrients.